Developed painful inflammations under arm. Feeling fatigued and having loose stools. Any advice?

Cardiologist
Question
Dear Doctor, i am 28 year old unmarried female... i have developed painful inflammations in my left underarm.. they are around 5 to 6 of them.. they are growing in size..were red and tender and now getting harder,, and painful... i am also feeling fatigued and started having loose stools... please advice
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 3 hours later
Dear XXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology.
You obviously have infection with some systemic manifestations like diarrhea. We can not examine you or prescribe medicines. Therefore, see your family doctor, get yourself examined and he/she feels the same an antibiotic course will have to be taken. With control of infection your systemic symptoms will also subside. My suggestion is to get your Fasting blood sugar done after this is controlled for infections are more common or may be the first sign of diabetes, which is a very common illness in India. If you have any further question please ask it shall be replied as soon as possible.
With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Developed painful inflammations under arm. Feeling fatigued and having loose stools. Any advice? 41 hours later
I visited the doctor and have been prescribed pic - SP (aceclotenac, paracetamol & serratiopeptidase) and veeflox OZ (ofloxacin & ornidazole tablets).

Does it sound right? My pain and the growth has stopped but the size of lumps is still d same.

Please advice

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXX,
Greetings. Thanks for writing the follow up to health care magic.
Your doctor has done a good job of prescribing broad spectrum antibiotic, anti inflammatory and analgesic drugs. Response in first 24 hours seems on expected lines. Stopped pain and no more growth are good signs. Lump will take its own time. After the course is over, the lump will either subside altogether or it may have to examined further-I am sure the doctor had it all planned in his/her mind. You have chosen a good doctor I must say. Tell me when this is over what all happened at YYYY@YYYY . Good Luck.
With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW