Ask a Urologist   »  

Developed lump under penis skin and hurts to touch. What cure should be done?

I grew this big bumb/lumb under the skin on my penis. It's big and red right now. I hurts when I mess with it or try to squzze it. I haven't had sex or interact with another female lately.I do shave eer 3 days. I noticed by it I have little open holes. Might have been from last time shave I cut a little with not so clean razors.
Posted Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 1 hour later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for your query.

I had just answered your previous query regarding this problem. With the additional information which you have provided (that you have shave frequently and that you have noticed tiny little holes nearby), your bump is most likely due to a folliculitis or an infected sebaceous cyst only.You don't have to worry much as these swellings will subside soon with antibiotics. I would advise you to follow the same remedial measures...

- Take a course of an antibiotic, like Cloxacillin (the required dosage for such swellings would be 500mg three times a day) for a period of 3 to 5 days.

- Wash the area with a mild soap or anti-septic solution, 3 to 4 times a day.

- Keep the area dry and sweat-free, and wear loose cotton underwear.

- Never squeeze or pinch the solution as it can cuse further infection and pus collection.

- If it the swelling doesn't subside within 1 week, then I would suggest that you consult a doctor in person for a proper evaluation and further management.

In the future, avoid 'back-shaving' i.e. shaving in the opposite direction as that of the hair, as this is more likely to cause folliculitis or infections; and always use clean razors.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist