Depression due to shrunken testicles. Will HCG improve testicle size?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
When I was only 13 I wore a pair of speedo's that were far to small under my board shorts. The reasons for not taking them of straight away at the time was because of people being around and I guess just young and silly. they must have been on for about 3 hours. It shrunk my testicles to probably about 1/4 of there original size if not more. I never told a sole about it at the time hopeing that they would go back to normal on there own. They never did and I started having deppression problems as a result. Thinking I would never have a girlfriend and so on.. At the age of 18 I finally came out and told a doctor about it. He said he couldnt beleive how that could happen. My testosterone levels have been tested and were said to be normal. Have never been tested since. And never went back to a doctor thinking there was nothing they could do about it anyway ( not sure he even beleived me) and I have sufferd deppression problems ever since. I'm now 31 and i have read about hormones such as HCG, gonadotropic-like hormones. Steroid abuses take them to bring there testicles back to normal. After reading about my story do you think things like HCG would work for me??
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 6 hours later

The answer to your query about HCG improving your testicle size is "No".

I do not think it would be of any help to you because you probably have a normal testes and testosterone. I would instead suggest you to consult an urologist to examine you and confirm if you the testis is indeed small.

I think what might have occurred is that at a tender age a fear of gonadal damage has been ingrained in your mind causing depression and delusion about testes damage. Though due to pressure and warmth there may have been temporary decrease in blood circulation it has not affected your actual gonadal size and fertility.

You need to come out of that incident by speaking about it to your partner or doctor , best would be to consult a psychiatrist who can help you come out of the depression and delusion.

Still after getting over the depression and delusion if you feel like confirming your fertility go ahead and consult an XXXXXXX or sexologist in your locality who can examine and confirm if there is any problem with your testes. You can use the find a doctor application on this site for the same.

According to me there isn’t anything wrong with your body, it's just the fear in your mind.

Hope I have answered your query. If there any other queries, I will be available to address them.

Follow-up: Depression due to shrunken testicles. Will HCG improve testicle size? 11 hours later
I dont have any delusions. And at the time I had no fear of gonadal damage until it happend. Your answer does nothing but frustrate and anger me. Basically telling me what happend, didnt happen. Why the hell would anyone make up such a story?? My testicles went from the size of almost an egg, each one. To the size of less than a grape. There is no delusion, no mistake. I dont even really care if I'm infertile, its more so the worry about hormone imbalance and the embarrasment in size and other things. Whats the point in seeing a shrink?? So they can say dont worry about dreamed it in your sleep....phff.. Instead of trying to judge my sanity why not answer the question.
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 8 hours later

Please do not misinterpret me. I apologise if I have unintentionally offended you but it is difficult to judge things without an actual examination.

If there is indeed a visual abnormality of size, an XXXXXXX would be the best person to evaluate it, to rule out any necrosis or fibrosis or pathology of testes. But the function of the testes i.e. fertility and the hormonal balance are most likely unaffected since you have fathered a child and your testosterone levels are normal. You may get your hormonal assays for testosterone, cortisol and hCG tested and interpreted by the XXXXXXX to rule out any deficiency, although at present you have no symptoms suggestive of it , apart from the decreased size of gonads.

Hope I have answered your query.

Please accept the reply if you have no further queries.