Depressed due to bad relationship. Advise and remedy?

i really im depressed , i dont want to get out of bed at all im rather not not be here really at all , my relationship with my boyfriend is pretty much going to be over im never happy ive lost most in my life because i rather be alone everyday then hang out with my friends i cry all the time i can never just be happy i dont want to feel like this anymore please help.
Posted Mon, 18 Jun 2012 in Depression
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 12 hours later

From your history, it is clear that you have following symptoms:
•     Anxiety, low mood, crying spells
•     Loss of interest in previous pleasurable activities (anhedonia) like hang out with friends
•     Tiredness
•     Inability to enjoy
•     Ideas of hopelessness
•     Poor adjustment in relationship

All these are symptoms of depression and need attention.
Apart from that concurrently you have stress in relationship with friend which can exacerbate your depression. Depression is not always situational (because of stress). Many times it is biological due to biochemical changes in brain.

Following measures will help you:
•     First remember your situation is transient and will solve in few weeks if you follow my advice
•     Ask help from friends and family members, do not shy for that.
•     Make structured daily routine so that you can save time for yourself, for friends and for important activities
•     Eat adequate food, fruits and drink juice. Avoid alcohol use if any
•     Do not take much stress at home or at workplace.
•     Talk frequently with friends and family members
•     Most important visit psychiatrist so that he can counsel you and prescribe medicine for depression. Now very good medicines available for depression. People life changes within weeks of treatment

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.