Dentist found mass in x-ray. Concerned about cancer?

Dentist found mass. There is no tooth were the mass is at. ENT Specialist appointment over a month away. Went to ER, they did not give me blood work results, stated no mass in CT scan. Don't know how they could not see it. Scared because cancer runs in our family.
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be a abscess Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Sorry for the delay in my response. The mass dentist found could be a pus filled abscess or a fluid filled cyst. These lesions tend to disappear without any treatment sometimes. They are not serious and do not pose any health risk unless they become big and cause pressure effects. Hope, I answered your query. Regards,