Having fluid filled cyst enlarged ovary, raised ca125 and symptoms of urinary retention. Does this indicate high risk of cancer?

Infertility Specialist
Question
I have a 2.5 cm fluid filled cyst enlarged ovary left side fibroid of 7cm and raised ca125 symptoms of urinary retention at time of period and frequency at others distended abdomen Sister had breast cancer last year am waiting on gynae appointment should I look for hysterectome and both ovaries removed or just one age 49 hormone tests are not suggestive of menopause regular cycle Is this a high risk of cancer
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Brief Answer: more info Detailed Answer: Hi, i woukd like to give you a detailed answer. Please send me additional tests or hormonal results if you have. Also can you send the ultrasound picture of cyst and fibroid. I wish go see it before give you accurate advice. Regards , Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Having fluid filled cyst enlarged ovary, raised ca125 and symptoms of urinary retention. Does this indicate high risk of cancer? 8 hours later
I don't have the blood results or picture if scan my docter has those but I know the ca125 is 71

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later
Brief Answer: no need to operate Detailed Answer: Hi, CA125 is high. But not very high. Ovary which has fluid needs to be taken out and sent for cytology to rule out malignancy. If report is normal, no need to get operated with hysterectomy and removal of ovaries. But remember to keep getting screened every year. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol