Having lump in my vagina. Under stress. Taking medication for depression and anxiety. Worried?

I felt a lump in my vagina. It doesn't hurt when I touch it, a little pinkish, it seems to be in the front of vagina opening. No discharge or blood. Maybe size of a cherry. Doesn't bother me when I walk or sleep. Don't even know now long I've had it. Under a lot of stress. On meds for depression, anxiety.had a little burning sensation but not Anymore.65 year old female. I'm worried. Cyst,tumor, bartholins cyst. I've been on my iPad for 2 days looking up everything.
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be a benign swelling.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The causes for a small lump like you have noticed could be one of the following:-
1. Bartholin's Cyst - Bartholin's cyst is formed when a Bartholin's gland is blocked, causing a fluid-filled cyst to develop. Bartholin's cyst is not an infection, although it can be caused by an infection, inflammation, or physical blockage (mucus or other impediment) to the Bartholin's ducts (tubes which lead from the glands to the vulva).

If infection sets in, the result is a Bartholin's abscess. If the infection is severe or repeated a surgical procedure known as marsupialization may be required to stop further recurrences.

2. Sebaceous cyst
3. lipoma- a benign swelling formed by a collection of fat cells.

Proper diagnosis requires a proper physical examination of the swelling in question. You might consult a gynaecologist who can examine and then decide on the appropriate treatment.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Having lump in my vagina. Under stress. Taking medication for depression and anxiety. Worried? 27 minutes later
Could it be some kind of cancer, vulva, vagina etc.?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cancer is not likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing again.
If there is no pain , redness, increase in the size or superficial ulceration or discharge in the area then it is not likely to be a malignant swelling. Such swellings are commonly benign in nature. You can keep an eye on the swelling for any changes and consult a gynecologist for physical examination accordingly.
Hope my answer is helpful.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.