Delayed periods. Urine pregnancy test negative. Prescribed with Dogest. Is it a safe medication?

Question
hi i missed my period by 15 days , i took pregnancy test on 26th XXXXXXX but got negative

my dr ask me to take dogest 100 is it safe
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 40 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

If your period is delayed by 15 days, and the urine pregnancy test is negative, then its unlikely that you will get pregnant in that cycle.

I assume that you want to get pregnant. In which case, you should take norgest/dogest from day 16 of your cycle for 10 days. Along with that, ovulation induction drugs may be needed.

Hope I have answered your query, please write back if you have additional concerns.

Wishing you good health

Follow-up: Delayed periods. Urine pregnancy test negative. Prescribed with Dogest. Is it a safe medication? 13 hours later
dr has given endogest 100 mg for 3 days 2 times. For wat purpose she gave?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 33 minutes later
Hello again,

This is a hormone called progesterone that helps to prepare the uterus for pregnancy.
It possibly helps in implantation also.

Its basically an kind of supplementation to the uterus to prepare for pregnancy. It wont harm you.

On the other hand,this will also bring your menses after stopping the drug.

After finishing the course you should get your periods within a week. Once your periods start I would have advised ovulation induction drugs.

If you have a history of irregular cycles, I suggest consulting a fertility specialist.

Follow-up: Delayed periods. Urine pregnancy test negative. Prescribed with Dogest. Is it a safe medication? 43 minutes later
hi XXXXXXX thanks but if i m pregnant and i m taking endogest for three days n stop it ... wat will happen?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 15 minutes later
It wont harm you as such.This hormone is important in pregnancy.However,if your period is delayed by 15 days, the pregnancy test should have been positive by now,if indeed you were pregnant.
If you arent pregnant then your periods need to come soon for you to continue the treatment.