Delayed periods. Stopped birth control pills after previous periods. Had unprotected sex. Risk of pregnancy?

May 2013
I came on my period march 16 i got off march 19 then I Stop taking my birth control then I came on April 1 then I came on again April 23. I have had unprotected sex and now my period is late for may could I b pregnant?
Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 31 minutes later

After stopping the birth control pills it will take some time for regularization of the periods.
That may be the cause for your irregular periods.
The time taken for the regularization of the periods will differ from person to person and the same applies to the recurrence of ovulation.
So just by delay in periods we cannot confirm the pregnancy.
You once go for urine test for pregnancy to detect the possibility.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.