Delayed period,medication,weight gain.Side effects?

Hi Doctor.

I wanted to delay period so I am taking primulut n 2 tablets(5mg each) daily. Will be taking it for next 5 days.
My age is 37(unmarried).Height 5.1" & weight 53KG.

Pls let me know will I gain weight if I take this medicine for 5 days. Kindly advice.

I do not have any medical problem. Following healty deit plan
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 6 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Primolut is a synthetic hormonal preparation and is generally used for delaying periods.

Just taking it for five days would not cause weight gain but you may or may not have other symptoms as nausea,decreased appetite,abdominal pain while on it.

Since it contains hormone Norethisterone it may cause weight gain if taken continuously for a prolonged periods as for few months.

Hope this information is adequate.I will be available for follow up in case of any doubt.