Dear Sir/Madam My wife is 2 months Pregnant.Just wanted to

Excellent
Question
Dear Sir/Madam
My wife is 2 months Pregnant.Just wanted to know frequencies of scan 3months/5/months/7months etc that we should go. Is it mandatory to perform scan.Does it have any side effects on baby?.
when should be calcium and iron tablets should be started.
Thanks for your help in advance
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2017 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ante natal care

Detailed Answer:
Hello
thanks for the query,
Ideally 3 scans are mandatory,
1. USG for DATING SCAN AT 6-8 WEEKS OF GESTATION.
2. LEVEL 2 SCAN AT 18-20 WEEKS.
3. USG for foetal growth parameters + placental localisation and foetal echo at 32-34 weeks of gestation.

Nextly for the first trimester, only folic acid tabs + antiemetics and progesterones to be started.
Iron and calcium supplements are to be started after 14 weeks of gestation.

Follow-up: Dear Sir/Madam My wife is 2 months Pregnant.Just wanted to 6 hours later
Thank you very much for the information.We have done Ultrasound on 7th week.I have attached the report of the same.Could you Please let me know what 2nd impression means.Anything Precautions that should be taken care.
Thankyou in advance

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
Its a twin pregnancy and both the foetuses are doing well. A small subchorionic haemorrhage is evident but it shall resolve in next few weeks with adequate rest and progesterone support.
pRECAUTIONS:_
1. Not to lift any weight.
2. No climbing stairs or brisk walking .
3. No intercourse till 4th month.

Follow-up: Dear Sir/Madam My wife is 2 months Pregnant.Just wanted to 4 hours later
Thankyou very much for your information. Actually our House is in 3rd floor which is having 40-45 steps and there is no Lift.So Could you please let us know what precautions should be taken while climbing the stairs since it is unavoidable.
Climbing stairs is not proffered only for first Trimester or for all trimesters?
About Vomiting and nauesa
Is it ok to take Ayurveda medicine MADIPHALA RASAYAN to control Vomiting after having lunch or we have any other good medicines
Thankyou much in advance.

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
The aim to avoid climbing stairs is to to avoid a fall or injury of any kind, so that precaution is mandatory during pregnancy.
Secondly , i do not prescribe or advise any ayurvedic preparation for control of vomiting during pregnancy at all. You must stick to one type of treatment modality. Follow what your gynaecologist advises.