Dark red blood post ejaculation, urination, pinching sensation, sore penis, irritation. Treatment ?

Question
Yesterday after ejaculating & urinating i noticed a couple drops of dark red blood. I strained a bit while urinating, then I felt a slight pinch and now my penis is a bit sore on the bottom, halfway through the length. I feels like i irritated something. Should I seek medical attention or is this something that should subside.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 43 hours later
Hello.

Based on your history, there seems possibility of blood in semen or Hematospermia which is usually self limiting condition.

The other possibilities could be inflammation of prostate and seminal vesicles, rarely, genitourinary malignancies.

If it is due to Hematospermia, it will settle without any treatment over the period of time. But if the symptom persists, please get your routine check up done like urine routine and culture, ultrasound of prostate and seminal vesicles and digital rectal examination.

I hope, I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.

Regards.