Daily dosage for Azogen for a UTI?

Question
What is the daily dosage for Azogen for a UTI?
I have 500 mg tablets.
Posted Sat, 1 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

The dose of Azogen for UTI is either 500 mgs x 2 doses or a full gram (1,000 mgs) one time dose.

A short course of antibiotics is all that is required for the management of UTI. You should also ensure to take plenty of fluids as eradication of infection by flushing out the bacteria with adequate fluid intake does help a lot.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Daily dosage for Azogen for a UTI? 20 minutes later
Just to understand, am I to take two 500 mg tablets at one time per day or one 500 mg tablet two time a day? Or is it two 500 mg tablets twice a day? For how many days to I take these? Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 14 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Take 1 g four times daily for one or two weeks (total daily dose, 4 g). You can take 2 500 mg tablets 4 times in a day. For prolonged therapy, the total daily dose may be reduced to 2 g after the initial treatment period.