Crohn disease,hashimoto,remicade,anaphylactic shock,dizziness,numbness,low blood pressure

Hello !

I have got Crohn Disease and Hashimoto. I had two doses o Remicade. After second i had anaphylactic shock ( dizziness, i can't feel my feets, hands and head ,very low blood pressure and tired). It was on 24 March. Now it's 4 months after that and I still fell terrible. I'm lying in bed all day and have zero energy. What should I do ? All blood test are ok.I'm in remmision. My doctor doesn't know what to do. Please help.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Ravi Rathi 16 hours later

You said that you suffered an attack of anaphylaxis. That would be a horrible experience you had.

I think you need to forget that pathetic experience.

After going through the description provided by you and the blood reports being normal, I feel that the symptoms would be associated with Neurotic depression producing low energy.

But I would suggest you to get a Thyroid Stimulating Factor(TSH), Complete Blood Count(CBC), C- reactive protein(CRP) to be done as to know the thyroid function and any active underlying inflammation.

If these investigations are done in the recent past and if the reports are normal then most probably the symptoms are due to Neurotic depression.

If the tests are not done, please get it done and write me back with the reports as this would help me in providing you with specific suggestions.

Hope I answered your query.

I will be available for follow queries if any.