Cramps, no bleeding, dizzy, nausea, breast tenderness. Had laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. Is Mirena causing this?

Wednesday I had a laparoscopy a hysteroscopy for ovarian cysts and endometriosis, by genetal aneasthetic ,I also had the mirena fitted at the same time due to heavy periods,and was recommended to stop the endo from growing, it's now Sunday , I have severe cramp, but no bleeding, and the external wounds are healing well, but I feel nauseous dizzy crampy and very tender inside, and bad breast tenderness ,I am pretty sure I can feel the IUD in there scratching, I'm also still very tired.
Are these normal symptoms from the above procedure, or is it the mirena causing this. Is it just the effects from surgery?
I'm really feeling rough right now. XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 29 minutes later

Mirena is levonorgestrel (progesterone) containing intrauterine device.
You are getting these symptoms like nausea, breast tenderness, cramping pain due to progesterone released by Mirena & IUD itself.

These symptoms will slowly subside in 4-6 weeks. Till then you can use anti emetic like metoclopramide and antispasmodic like meftal spas. These prescription drugs can be prescribed to you by your gynecologist if the symptoms are troubling.

I hope you get benefit from my suggestion. Let me know if you have further enquiries.

Follow-up: Cramps, no bleeding, dizzy, nausea, breast tenderness. Had laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. Is Mirena causing this? 10 minutes later
Thankyou for the reply, so it is more likely the IUD than the actual surgery I had then?
I wasn't sure if it was the surgery making me feel weak, the IUD or a culmination of both.
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 50 minutes later
Welcome back.
I think you had undergone minor surgical procedure & should not get all these symptoms due to surgery.
You may get some weakness due to surgery, but all these symptoms are due to IUD.
So have a rest for some time & take medications if symptoms exaggerate.
I hope your query has been answered.