Continuous headache behind eye, pressure in kidney area, tingling in fingers, neck and back tightness. Sign of infection?

Nov 2013

I have had a headache for about a week. It is centered behind the left eye and I also feel pressure on my left side of my middle back in the kidney area. I also feel a slight tingle in my left little finger and at the elbow. And the left side of my neck in the back is tight. I used to get migraines and was treated with natural progesterone and it was miraculous. This isn't being helped with progesterone. I'm wondering if it could be from an infection. I don't have a fever. My underarm temp is 96 right now.
Posted Wed, 5 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

The most likely possibility for your symptoms could still be migraine. It may improve with rizatriptan tablets or zolmitriptan nasal spray.

Infection is unlikely in the absence of fever.

If the symptoms are not resolving, a brain MRI may be required to rule out ischemia (less blood flow to brain), as this may occur in some severe cases of migraine.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad