Condom stuck into vagina during intercourse. What are the chances of pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Excellent
Question
Hi. I had sex with my partner Sunday night and he pulled out and we thought we had lost the condom. I checked myself and I couldn't find anything. But today, 3 days later, it came out of me. On sunday I was on day 16 of my cycle. He did not ejaculate while having sex, but he did ejaculate prior and I know sometimes there is left over semen in the urethra. What are the chances that I could be pregnant? I'm very nervous and considering rushing to the 24hr pharmacy to purchase plan B.
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Teen Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 20 minutes later

As the condom was slipped, it cannot be concluded that there was no insemination of semen.
And also as you were on your 16th day of cycle, in case of regular periods, there is possibility of ovulation around that day.
So there is some possibility for pregnancy.
So to be on safe side better to use emergency pill.
You have to use the pill within 72 hours of the act for better protection.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Condom stuck into vagina during intercourse. What are the chances of pregnancy? 1 hour later
The 72-hour XXXXXXX is approaching within the next hour. Is it even worth taking at this point? I've taken plan B about 10 times or so. I'm just nervous it's going to have a long term effect on my fertility. And it seems as though the risk of pregnancy is slim... I'm having a very hard time deciding what is the best choice.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

Yes, repeated usage of emergency pill may affect the future fertility.
If you don't want to go for a pill, you wait till expected date of periods and if you miss the date, go for pregnancy test and then decide further.
I can understand the problem, but now you have to choose the method that is less harmful.
As you are thinking that the chance of pregnancy is less you can take a chance.
One more option is if you can opt intrauterine contraceptive device, you can choose that.
As that can prevent the pregnancy even after five days of the act and also it will work for few years. Till you want to conceive you can continue that.
For more details you can ask me through: WWW.WWWW.WW Take care.