Ask a Urologist   »  

Cloudy urine with WBC esterase, back pain, have acid reflux. UTI or kidney infection?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i have cloudy urine with 2+ WBC Esterase and 11-30 WBC in urine. I also have pain in my back on the left side - could this be a UTI or kidney infection? I have no nausea or vomiting or fever. I have not felt very good though for about a month mostly because of the acid reflux and had to totally change how I ate.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Your symptoms are suggestive of kidney also. Systemic antibiotics are the mainstay of treatment.
Consider visiting a Urologist for evaluation and getting appropriate antibiotics prescribed. Also consider doing a USG scan to rule out any kidney infection and any calculus.
Some measures which can help you:
1)Drink lots of water.
2)Empty the bladder completely as soon as you feel the urge to urinate.
3)Pass the urine before and after intercourse.
4)Wear loose cotton undergarments and wash them in antiseptic solution.
5)Take Cranberry juice as it inhibits bladder infection.
6)Take Vitamin C tablet Celin once a day for few months. It will help in increasing your immunity.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.