Ask a Urologist   »  

Cloudy urine, tissue-like floaters, lower back and flank pain, leg cramps. Should I see ER?

Good morning!
I have been having ruq pain intermittently for 6 months. 3 months ago hx of cloudy urine intermittently. Now for the last 5 days urine cloudy + and some bigger tissue looking floaters (5-10mm). Also for the last 5 days flank, lower back and ruq (just under the ribs) intermittent but more often and for longer periods. I have also been waking up for the last two days with leg cramps XXXXXXX horse like. I do have an appointment to see my GP in 15days... Should I wait or should I see ER? Note that I have some feeling of urgency at times but otherwise no urinating symptoms.
Thank you kindly,
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 36 minutes later

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
The description fits with severe fever and so on.
It is better to attend the emergency asap, get examined, give urine for testing and possibly do an ultrasound scan of the abdomen.
A course of antibiotics will be needed and that will be changed once the urine results come back.
Hope i have been of some help, kindly keep me posted on your health,