Climbed stairs. Feeling loss of breath, upset stomach and clammy. BP reads 145 over 84. Low reading? Dehydrated?

ENT Specialist
Climbed 14 basement steps down and up 4 to 6 cycles. Started needing to breath very deep. Upstet stomach, felt little clammy. Went to bathroom and did large movement. Five minutes after this started and I stopped stair climbing, took Blood Pressure. I got 91 over 57 with pulse 92. Then took temp about 8 minutes after stopping exercise found temp. of 92.7 F...... Been drinking water, and after bathroom, felt much better. Exercise appox 3 to 4 times per week, and a month ago before I took a trip, I ran up hills during that walk. Heart rate at end got up but came down quicklyl I normally work heart to 120 to 180 per minute. I have to sprint at teh end to get it to 180. Other wise it does' go over 150 if jogging up hill.

Half hr later blood pressure 145 over 84 with pulse 99. Temp now 97.6 degree F.

Why such low readings? Could I have been dehydrated?

Do have a little bit of left earache. I sometimes get wax buildup.
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 2 hours later
You are living an active life i.e. working, going uphill etc.
What happens is that when we are doing more of physical activity then the heart gets adjust to keeping the heart rate low this is known as sinus bradycardia and the pulse rate does not shoot up suddenly and the blood pressure is also under control.
Even then, your age is 70 yr. so I suggest you getting done a cardiologist reference and get done a Electrocardiogram and get blood pressure testing at resting level.
In doubt, do reply.
Get well soon