Clicking noise in head, headache, floaters in eye, twitching head

Jan 2013

I am getting a strange clicking noise in my head only when I am laying down on my left side. also get headaches almost everyday (a majority of which on the left and many of which come after laying down). I also have lots of floaters only in my left eye and my left eye and left part of my head commonly goes into twitching. I can often times see my pulse in my eyes if I get my heart rate up and if I go upside down.
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 44 minutes later
There are 15-20 types of headache have been defined but the exact diagnosis is made on the basis of history.
What is the type of headache?
Is it unilateral or bilateral?
Do you have running nose and tearing from eyes?
Do you have any associated symptoms such as vomiting/ nausea and fever?
Is there any aggravating factors such as lack of sleep, increased after exposure to light?
What is your blood pressure?
As defined , pulsating feeling with headache is suggestive of migraine.
Floaters in eyes with clicking noise is suggestive of XXXXXXX associated with migraine.
You should consult with physician/ neurologist and should go for following investigations: complete blood count, thyroid profile, ESR, CRP, blood sugar, serum electrolytes level, CT/ MRI scan brain.
In case of migraine, all these prescribed investigations comes to be normal.
But before making diagnosis, these investigations are required.
You should take anti-migraine medicine both for treatment and prophylaxis.
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Clicking noise in head, headache, floaters in eye, twitching head 6 minutes later
I often get some spontaneous rapid clear liquid pouring from my nose. The headaches are most of the time on the left but sometimes switch to the right. I have a ton of awful neck pain and some nausea that is NOT always accompanied by a headache. I am majorly sleep deprived with three small children around. but I am afraid I have a tumor or something.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 8 hours later
You have typical history of migraine with precipitating factors (lack of sleep).
Although clear liquid from nose may be due to Tension headache and at times tension headache is also associated with migraine.
You should also consult with physician and neurophysician and should take treatment for migraine and tension headache.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava