Child is suffering from stomach ache and pain in leg. What is this and suggest some cure?

Critical Care Specialist
My son is 3 and for the last week he complains of a tummy ache after eating and needs to poop. When he goes he has quite a bit of gas and his stool seems oily? YYYY@YYYY He pretty much eats and then gets a tummy ache, and goes to the bathroom. He also had stated his leg hurts a couple times, growing pains maybe?
Posted Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 2 hours later

Thanks for your question.

From the symptoms, your 3 years old child seems to be suffering from infection of gastrointestinal tract. A course of antibiotic such as ofloxacin and ornidazole is entailed.

A stool test can confirm the type of infection he has. I suggest you to take him to his pediatrician. After a careful clinical examination the doctor can order stool test and prescribe him the antibiotics. Those should take care of him.

As far as leg pain is concerned, he probably may have hurt his leg. You may give him paracetamol syrup for few days.

In the interim encourage him to drink plenty of fluids and good personal hygiene.

Hope I answered your question. For any more query, do post your follow up; I will be readily available to answer.

I wish early recovery for your child.