Child is passing loose motion. Giving ORS solution, curd and nortem syrup. Any suggestion?

my kid is having continuous loose motions every 5 to 10 mins often she is 3yrs 4months...and she is taking little amount of ORS solution,curd and nortem cyrup from past 10hrs....can we feed her egg to great strength or any other cyrup we can use please doctors available till tomorrow morning as today is sunday in kr puram bangalore
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 13 hours later

It appears your child has gastroenteritis. The best action here is to feed her with electrol or diarolite XXXXXXX dissolving in boiled and cool water. This you can buy over the counter. Here is a problem if the child refuses oral feeds she can get dehydrated. My advice is to take the child to nearest hospital in A/E dept to assess dehydration and admission in Pediatric ward. The child may need intravenous fluid to correct dehydration. Do not worry the child will be okay.

Kindest regards
Dr S.K.Mukherjee
Follow-up: Child is passing loose motion. Giving ORS solution, curd and nortem syrup. Any suggestion? 3 hours later
Sir now we are using nortem cyrup and ors solution continuously...shall we continue the same now the kid is long do we need to use cyrup and we are giving more curd and butter milk...
Any other cyrup for strength please she is having curd rice..
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 2 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

I think you should continue giving oral fluids for 24 hours and slowly introduce soft boiled rice with natural yogurt. After that if she is okay just continue normal diet.

Kindest regards Dr.S.K.Mukherjee