Child having hair loss, unable to gain weight and sweating. Had a blood work and taking healthy diet. Should I be worried?

my son (20 yrs old) has hair loss, cannot gain weight, fatigued, sweating unussually... he is having blood work done and has been called back and told to start taking vit. b100 and vit. d immediately and come in to see the doctor as soon as the rest of the blood work is done 9a couple of days) I am wondering what might be the issue... he eats a healthy diet, done not take drugs or drink alcohol
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possible lack in vitamin D,thyroid problem could be suspected Detailed Answer: Hi, The symptoms your son has together with taking prescribed vitamins show the lack of such vitamins in his body. It is good that your son eats a healthy diet, does not take drugs or drink alcohol. This will help him improve his health situation. Going out (sun) and being physically active also will help. - Is it ok for you to send the blood work results of your son in once you have them? I'd really appreciate as it will helped assisting your son further. - Another explanation could be related to any endocrine (hormonal) problem (thyroid, etc.) which must be confirmed by the lab tests. Hope it answered to your inquiry! p.s. if you have other concern, do not hesitate to contact me.