Child has loose motion, no loss of appetite. Help

My son is suffering from loose motion for last 1 week. The loose motion happens only 2-3 times a day. In general he is active and has not lost appetite during this illness. He is 2.5 yrs old and has just started to go to play school. Please help.
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 11 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
It appears as if the child has got altered bacterial flora due to slight gut infection.
To restore the normal bacterial flora in place of pathogenic one would be helpful.
Use curd and boiled rice with sugar for two three days at least two times in a day.
Also give Cap Providac/Sporolac twice a day for five days which would also restore normal flora, and will help reducing this diarrhea.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!