Chest pain started after a sudden movement of body, pain while breathing. Suggest remedy

Jun 2015

Hi, since yesterday im having a light chest pain well localized in a single spot, slightly on the right side of my chest (i feel pain if i press on the chest bone, roughly when the ribs XXXXXXX the bone). It appened after a sudden movement when i was in bed and until now it only bothers me if i move or i breathe deeply. These are the only singns and sintoms, theres no spreading of the pain other than that exact point
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later

Chest pain can be caused by various reasons, including minor problem such as indigestion or stress, to serious medical emergencies such as a heart attack.

The symptoms as well as the history mentioned in your post suggest that it might be due to strain of the chest muscles.
Symptomatic relief can be obtained by application of analgesic gel & intake of muscle relaxants.

Other causes of chest pain include:
1. Angina
2. Chest muscle injury
3. Costochondritis
4. Peptic ulcer disease
5. Pain from the digestive tract, such as esophageal reflux

So, it will be better to consult a Doctor & get a physical examination done to rule out other causes.

Investigations like X XXXXXXX of Chest and Electrocardiogram can be helpful in ruling out the Respiratory & Cardiovascular causes.

Appropriate management steps will be taken based on complete history, physical examination & co-relating the findings with investigation reports.

Wishing you a Good Health.

Let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks & take care.