Chest infection. Diagnosed with double pneumonia. Taken antibiotics. Have diabetes. Any advice?

ENT Specialist
Last week my doctor said I had double pneumonia(beginning of). He home hospitalized me with inhalers, neb treatments, and antibiotic. I began to finally feel better this past Tuesday, extreme wheezing disippated, breathing okay, no fever, energy back etc. The weather changed last night from hot (78) to cold (55) and I was out in the cold air for a short time. This morning I woke up with an extreme feeling of coldness in my lungs almost an ice cold feeling. I can breathe normally but just this very cold feeling in my lungs/chest. I drank some coffee, turned on heater to make the air warmer in the house. Should I be concerned? I did my breathing treatment and tried not to move too much. Its cold outside. I dont know if I should go to the ER ( I feel normal other than the coldness in my chest) or just stay home out of the cold air or Im okay basically just need to bundle up and drink hot fluids? Im in Houston. The weather will change again to hot in just a few days. Im just worried that the pneumonia that was clearing is going to be reactivated again. or is this feeling just related to my asthma? With the diabetes Im concerned about it getting worse than better which it already had.
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding feeling of coldness in chest after exposure to cold. Though you are recently recovered from pneumonia and still on medication. You are a old diagnosed case of asthma and at present your asthma had taken acute phase due to exposure to cold need not worry.

Here I am giving you few suggestionsĂ·

1- in cold weather try to cover your ear and nose just to save from direct exposure.

2-always use your inhailar prior to exposure.

3- try to protect yourself from persons already having chest infection.

4- care for your diabetes .

Therefore need not to worry it is due to asthma and will be controll by the treatment you are already taking.