Changed to prothiaden from lexapro pain. Having anxiety shakes and shoulder pain. Is it withdrawal symptoms?
User rating for this question
Hi I am with my medication have been on lexapro 6months then changed to prothiaden 100mg for 2weeks I have tremendous anxiety shakes shoulder pain how long does this take to effect. I think I am having withdrawal symtoms from lexapro also and was wondering should i go back on a small dose of it to see if i feel better and it stops the shaking etc......can u help me please?
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello, Welcome to Health Care Magic Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to XXXXXXX You have been taking Lexapro and then shifted to Prothiaden. You took tablets for about 6 months. Abrupt cessation of SSRI antidepressants causes withdrawal syndrome also called as serotonin withdrawal syndrome. It usually manifest in form of rebound increase in anxiety, restlessness, tremors, irritability. Although Prothiaden can control these symptoms to some extent but still you are having such symptoms. To prevent such symptoms gradual tapering of drugs is advised over 4 weeks. As you are having withdrawal symptoms so best that can be done is to start with the drug in low dose and then taper it gradually. You can consult your doctor for detailed treatment. Hope this helps you, if you have more questions you can ask again.
People also viewed
- Pain pill withdrawal symptoms hallucina
- Lexapro withdrawal symptoms
- How to recover from social anxiety disorder
- How to treat an ulcer on my uvula
- How to control stress and anxiety
- Experiencing burning sensation and swelling in eyes due to allergy
- Is memory speech and concentration problems related to stress
- What is the prognosis for ureter repaired with psoas hitch
- Right shoulder pain symptoms
- Symptoms of chronic shoulder pain
- Shoulder pain tendonitis symptoms
- Can tenex treat my son s anxiety problem
- Need medication for cough vomiting and fever
- How to cure stress and anxiety
- What do the findings in mri scan of spine indicate