Ceasorean, stitches pain on the left abdomen. Whats the remedy, is this common?

Hello Doctor,

My wife had caesareandone 2 years before when she gave birth to my daugther.
Now stitches (more on left side of abdomen) pains a lot for some stretching movement..Especially while doing rigorous or sudden movement.
Is this common with caesarean? What is the remedy for this pain?

Posted Sat, 16 Jun 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

2 years is a pretty long time and by this time normally total healing of wound must have taken place.

At times after any surgery the intestines have tendency to stick at the site of scar. This can at times lead to some pain or discomfort.

In case the pain or discomfort comes occasionally and not affecting her day to day routine activities, nothing needs to be done.

In case there is pain on regular activities and causing difficulty in day to day routine, you need to a see a doctor for examination.

Some investigation like local ultrasound can also help in knowing the condition of scar and other things.

If the pain or discomfort continues please see a doctor.

In mean time for pain you can give any analgesic that she is comfortable with.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.