Ask a Urologist   »  

Cannot completely empty bladder, painful, sore bottom, abdominal pain, back pain, had heavy periods

I can't get all of my wee out, at the end of urination it's like a painful orgasm, my bum is sore. I had my period last week and l had one very heavy day with bright red blood and clots.
My lower abdomen is aching, along with my back. I have searched the net all day but want to hear it for myself. I have 3 kids and I'm 27
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 11 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

You are probably having urinary tract infection. You need to get yourself examined with urine examination, urine culture and ultrasound. Once these tests have been done you need to start yourself on antibiotics under the care of your GP.

In the meantime, to acheive partial relief of smptoms you an start yourself on cranberry juice and plenty of fluid intake.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available for any follow up queries you may have.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.