Can thyrotrophin pmg cause diarrhea?

Can thyrotrophin pmg cause diarrhea?
Posted Thu, 22 Nov 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Geoffrey Ward 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for your question,

I believe you mean Thytrophin PMG which is a dietary thyroid supplement made out of bovine thyroid PMG extract used in patients with hypothyroidism.

Since this product is not regulated by the FDA, there have not been many studies on it to give you a list of side effects. I have spoken to patients that have taken this before and I have been told that they have experienced bloating, gas and diarrhea while taking this supplement.

So to answer your question, yes some people can get diarrhea while taking this medication.

I hope this answers your question. Please feel free to respond if you have any other questions or concerns related to thytrophin PMG.

Best regards.

Dr. Ward