Can testosterone cause leg pain in patients with Parkinsons's?

Excellent

Question
Can testosterone cause leg pain in patients with Parkinsons's? YYYY@YYYY
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: The question is vague. Do you mean testosterone supplements? Testosterone injections causes leg pain in all people who supplement. So possibly in Parkinson's as well. I would like to listen to a larger picture about the leg pain. I could see that you have multiple medical problems including high BP, diabetes, depression, gout. All of them are responsible for intense leg pain in the sufferers. I wish to listen to your complaints rather than the belief.

Follow-up: Can testosterone cause leg pain in patients with Parkinsons's? 9 minutes later
I also have arthritis and I thought the pain was increased arthritis, but the leg pain seemed to develop about the time I started the test-injections I feel better with the injections and would like to keep the injections, but the leg pain makes me use a walker.

Brief Answer: Holistic approach for knee pain Detailed Answer: Ok Testosterone injections are a huge stress on the physical body. This adds to the existing stress that was already incurred because of multiple medical conditions especially arthritis. The muscles swell and the knees have to bear the extra brunt and thus pain increases. I still suggest a holistic approach dealing with your knee pain while taking support from the walker. Holistic approach includes local massages, accupressure/acupuncture plus cartilage injections. Hope this helps.