Can smooching cause HIV infection?

Question
can smooch cause aids
Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 16 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Saliva does not have HIV virus so smooch would not cause aids.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!

Follow-up: Can smooching cause HIV infection? 38 minutes later
Thank you sir so much , i was bit worried about the same, because i have first time touched a girl i was confused.

Hi XXXXXXX
Okay dude go ahead but remain alert, the next things may not be as safe as the smooch.
Do you remember the TV Commercial, Mukkaddar ka sikander- so don't forget the condoms which are the only effective barrier precaution for HIV.
Wish you a great health!

Follow-up: Can smooching cause HIV infection? 18 minutes later
thanks sir, i will not practice the practice ahead as i have done first time,i would also update my friends for the same who are practicing and took me along.is there any disease that can be communicated by the same or there is any case of AIDS in India through smooch

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX
There are diseases which can spread by smooch also like Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and Infectious mononucleosis or glandular fever to name a few.
So better to practice these behaviours with a faithful and known partner only.
Wish you a great health!

Follow-up: Can smooching cause HIV infection? 1 hour later
if these are communicated symptoms can be shown in how many duration of hours or days

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic!
Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C take about two months to manifest and Infectious mononucleosis or glandular fever takes about two weeks to be symptomatic.
You can also get blood tests for them by that time.If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!