Can oligohydramnios be caused by a fall?

May 2013
Can Oligohydramnios be caused by a fall

Read more at: WWW.WWWW.WW
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

Sometimes fall can cause oligohydromnios in conditions like,
-When it causes any damage to membranes, the amniotic fluid can leak. Sometimes that can cease after sometime or the leak can continue chronically both the conditions can cause oligohydromnios.
-Fall can affect the blood supply of part of the placenta leading placental sufficiency which can affect the production of liquor.

These causes can be ruled out by speculum examination and ultrasound examination.
Depending on the severity of oligohydromnios treatment to be taken.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.