Can itching and stinging pain on both sides of anus and frequent bowel movements be indications of anal cancer?

My bum is very irritated last few days. It's stings and throbs and can feel itchy at times. When urinate it stings both sides by anus. Started psylli husk nearly 3 weeks ago and having more bowel movement since. Twice a day which normally wouldn't do. Last thurs/fri had very loose stool But very wide and next bowel movement had two specs blood on toilet paper. No blood since thank god. I had rectal examination last July and a bowel tumour market test in XXXXXXX all clear and all boods clear bar thyroid and menopause. I'm scared of anal or colon cancer. Do you think its just a tear or something. If all these tests were done in June/July I'm hoping its just infection. What do you think- thank you
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 1 hour later
Brief Answer: not suggestive of anal or colon cancer. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, I had gone through your query and understand your concerns. Your history suggests that it is an acute condition like perineal infection (bacteria or fungal) or excoriation due to irritants along with possibility of perianal tear. As you said urine stings on both the sides of anus while urinating,I would like to rule out recto-vaginal fistula also. History is not suggestive of colon or anal cancer.Tumor markers are not much sensitive for diagnosis of cancer.You can go for colonoscopy if you have family history of cancer or positive stool for occult blood. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health.