Suffering from rectal bleeding. Sigmoidoscopy suggested. Rectal polyp present. Could it be due to recto-vaginal fistula?

i have been having rectal bleeding during my periods only for 5-6 months, my GP has referred me for sigmoidoscopy which i had today, bowel clear apart from one small rectal polyp .bloods ok not anaemic. Next step will be a referral to Gynae for investigations . i had thought it may be endometriosis but now fear it may be recto- vaginal fistula ( bad tear during childbirth 18 yrs ago). what else could it be?
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012