Can ipill cause menstrual delays ?

Hi, I had sex ( with condoms) with my fiancee on my 14th and 15th day (i.e. May 7th and 8th). I took and Ipill on May 8th night. My period is due on May 20th, but still I have not got it. Sometimes i see all the symptoms that of pregnancy. I have not yet taken the test. Could I be pregnant? Please answer.. I cannot take this mental torture.please help me!!!!
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Women's Health
Follow-up: Can ipill cause menstrual delays ? 2 minutes later
I am having bad nipple pain, lower back pain and even stomach pain and I am having more vaginal discharge too... I feel like all these symptoms are similar to pregnancy symptoms... SO I am very frightened..
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 26 minutes later
Hello Sed,

If you had sex on day 14-15th of your cycle, then you were probably at risk of pregnancy during that time.If you took the i-pill within 72 hrs, as you have, then pregnancy isn't likely. You are late by just a day and there is still time for your period to come. Sometimes, taking the i-pill can cause irregular menses which is a side effect. The symptoms that you are having could also be PMS related.

I suggest that you wait a few more days. If you still don't have your period after 7 days then take a pregnancy test.
Its very early for pregnancy symptoms to occur.Its not possible to clinically confirm pregnancy at this point of time.
I am sure that your period will come soon.

Just be patient for a few more days.

Follow-up: Can ipill cause menstrual delays ? 49 minutes later
I actually took an em-pill (1.5mg) by Medley that an equivalent to IPill and also we used Condoms.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 4 minutes later

Its the content that matters.Levonorgestrol 1.5 mg.That should be the same.Since you used condoms,I doubt pregnancy will be an issue here.