Can i do HSG while taking clomid?

Mar 2013
hey i have endometriosis i attached my dr report about lap , i did it last august , after that i took decapeptyl which stop my period until now , last week i ovulated , so i expect my period this week , we have ttc since 2 years , my husband also has poor semen which finally starts to improve after varicocele repair and med supplements , we are thinking to try IUI before going for ICSI , but my fertility dr said that i have to do HSG before trying IUI , i did lap last august , do you think i need HSG ? Can i do HSG while taking clomid ( same cycle ) thanks
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 38 hours later
Brief Answer: NO NEED FOR HSG. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Your laparoscopy shows that both fallopian tubes were open at the time of the procedure. So I do not think HSG is required. You can definitely go for IUI. If 3 - 6 cycles of IUI fail despite good ovarian response and tolerable sperm count, then ICSI is the next option. I do not see any need for HSG. If your doctor insists, you cannot do both in the same cycle. First HSG would be done, and Clomid the next cycle. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Can i do HSG while taking clomid? 57 minutes later
so there is no chance that adhesion recur fast , right now
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: There is always a chance that adhesions might recur, but given that you had a clear laparoscopy 2 years back, at least 1 - 2 cycles of IUI can be tried , before going in for a HSG.