Can i continue using Triglow for removing dark patch around my lips?

Dermatologist
Question
i am using triglow for removing dark patch around my lips. When i started using this my face become fair and glowing. After some days wen i leave tis my face turned balck. Can i continue using this? Is there anyway to become fair? plzzz suggest
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Stop using triglow cream Detailed Answer: Hello dear, Welcome to healthcaremagic. I have read your query and understood your concern. Triglow is a combination cream containing flucinolone acetonide as one of the component, which is a steroid. These steroidal preparations are not advisable to use for long time as these creams initially show good effects in the form of fairy and smooth skin. But later, if used for prolonged period, may harm the skin in the form of redness, itchy red colored lesions, excess hair growth etc. And to make it worse, the skin becomes addicted to these preparations. Additionally application of these creams around lips is usually not advised around lips because the side effects around lips are more common. So, i will highly strongly recommend you to stop using triglow further. You may use creams containing safer drugs like combination of kojic acid and vitamin C instead of triglow cream for maintenance therapy. I hope i am able to solve your query. If you have further query, you may ask me . It will be my pleasure to help you further. Stay healthy.

Follow-up: Can i continue using Triglow for removing dark patch around my lips? 23 minutes later
can u suggest me with any other cream?

Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: kojic acid and vitamin C combination Detailed Answer: Hello dear, Welcome again. You may use safer combination of drugs that can also be used for longer period like combination of kojic acid and vitamin C. This combination is available in market with various trade names. You may use it regularly night time over the lesions safely for continously 3 months. I hope i am able to solve your query. if you have further query, you may ask me , else you may kindly close the discussion and rate it. Stay healthy.

Follow-up: Can i continue using Triglow for removing dark patch around my lips? 14 minutes later
I need some specific cream name with that combination.can u tell me that

Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Dr reddy's cream: Clearz cream Detailed Answer: Hello dear, Welcome again. This combination is available with various good companies like Dr reddy's Clearz cream. Good luck.