Can high risk HPV be transmitted through towels, kissing, hugging?

hello i just was recently find that i have hpv hi risk cervical so is mean my husband have this infection too but im concern we have 3 kids 8 years old 4 and 6 month old baby can they get infected from us some how trough sharing towels kiss them hug them like all this usual stuff everyday? and also i want to ask if i have hi risk hpv cervical then i can have also hi risk hpv oral cancer? thank you
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 25 minutes later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX HPV infection is spread through sexual contact. Only low risk group like HPV 6 , 11 can cause vulval warts or laryngeal warts. So HPV is not spread through sharing towels/ kiss/ hugging your kids. HPV is passed on through genital contact, most often during vaginal, anal and oral sex.
Although HPV is the most commonly transferred sexual infection, in most people it is cleared by the immune system in under 2 years. Individuals with persistent infections are at risk for several types of cancers depending on the location of the infection. Since it is so common, there is nothing to be ashamed about.
Studies show 80% of Americans will have HPV infections in their lifetime and 99% with clear these infections without consequence, or even knowing that they had the infection, as it produces no symptoms they will notice.In the vast majority of infected people, even with a high risk version of HPV known to cause cancers, they will not develop cancer.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile