Can O+ couples get any problem after marriage for child?

Question
can O+ couples get any problem after marriage for child?
Posted Tue, 20 Nov 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 26 minutes later
Hello there.

Thanks for writing.

Having blood group O+ alone will not cause any problem in conceiving.

If both of your are O+ there is no risk at all to the baby.

If however one of you is O+ and the other is A, B, or AB+ , then there are chances of ABO incompatibility (mismatch) in the newborn. This condition can lead to lysis(breakdown)of red blood cells causing jaundice.

The thing you might be confusing with this is Rh incompatibility which arises when the mother is negative blood group and father is positive blood group.
In this case there are chances of baby being of positive blood group which can lead to complications in the baby due to transfer of maternal antibodies.

Kindly revert back if you have further queries.

Follow-up: Can O+ couples get any problem after marriage for child? 3 minutes later
Thank you, There is no problem to a baby, what about mother? And also wanted to ask is there chances of disorder of a kid if we both of have same blood group i.e. O+.
Please reply

Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 7 minutes later
Hello and thanks for writing for writing back.

No, there are no problems known to the mother if she is O positive and subsequently conceives and delivers.

Also if both of you are O +, there is no disorder as such that may occur in your child.

It is nice to know that you wish to stay updated and are genuinely concerned about the pregnancy.

Please dont hesitate to ask any query that may arise in your mind.

Follow-up: Can O+ couples get any problem after marriage for child? 2 minutes later
Thanks a lot..... I will really thankful to you if you have any ayurveda medicines for sinus.

Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 2 hours later
Hello again.

Thanks for writing back.

You are most welcome for your queries.

I have high regard and respect for all fields of Medicine, whether it is Allopathy or Ayurveda.

However I can give you advice in my field only.

First of all avoid iced drinks and ensure you get good rest for this problem.

Secondly, nasal irrigation is very effective for sinus problems. You need to consult your doctor before buying the device.

Thirdly avoid frequent use of antibiotics unless genuinely required.

I hope I have answered your queries.