Can Metformin be taken during pregnancy?
User rating for this question
Should someone still take metformin if they are pregnant?
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pregnancy and placenta hormones reduce PCOS Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to healthcare Magic! The metformin has not been much studied in pregnant patients but it is known to help ovulation and getting pregnant. Ideally all kind of medicines should be avided during pregnancy except for tetanus vaccination, iron, folate and calcium supplements which are indicated. Pregnancy itself has significant suppressive effects on the activity of PCOS so metformin can be easily discontinued. I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you. Take Care!
People also viewed
- Metformin and pregnancy
- Can metformin be taken during pregnancy
- Is tuberculosis of abdomen contagious
- Is there any allergy from thyroxine
- Pain in 8month pregnency
- Pain in 8month pregnancy
- Is there any relationship between nightfall and acne
- Metformin tablets during pregnancy
- 8th week pregnancy pain in abdominal
- Is there any significance to stools that float
- Is there any ayurvedic medicine for deafness in
- Metformin during pregnancy
- Menstral cramps while 8mo pregnant
- Metformin and strone will help in pregnancy
- Alergy in 8th month pregnency