Can Metformin be taken during pregnancy?
User rating for this question
Should someone still take metformin if they are pregnant?
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pregnancy and placenta hormones reduce PCOS Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to healthcare Magic! The metformin has not been much studied in pregnant patients but it is known to help ovulation and getting pregnant. Ideally all kind of medicines should be avided during pregnancy except for tetanus vaccination, iron, folate and calcium supplements which are indicated. Pregnancy itself has significant suppressive effects on the activity of PCOS so metformin can be easily discontinued. I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you. Take Care!
People also viewed
- Metformin and pregnancy
- Can metformin be taken during pregnancy
- Watermelon belly of 7th month pregnancy
- Is it safe to do bleaching during 7th month of pregnancy
- Smoking k3 early pregnancy
- How the baby moves during 7th month of pregnancy
- Ecosprin 75 during last trimister of pregnancy
- Liquor adequate during pregnancy 7th month
- Metformin tablets during pregnancy
- Respiratory infection early pregnancy
- Kidney infection sign of early pregnancy
- Metformin during pregnancy
- Instant noodle msg early pregnancy
- Metformin and strone will help in pregnancy
- Swollen inside early pregnancy