Can I use signoflam for pain from uric acid?

signoflam may use for uricacid pain
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Omer 1 hour later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query

As you are 42 year old male having high uric acid, taking signoflam for pain relief

Signoflam contains paracetamol , aceclofenac and peptidase

Paracetamol + aceclofenac are NSAIDS ( pain killers), both have same mechanism of action

Signoflam is good to decrease the pain but not good in treating the cause of high uric acid, neither does it decreases the uric acid

If you have joint pains, burning sensation in feet, pain in big toe then I would suggest to start anti uric acid drugs like allopurinol

Do get your kidney function test to confirm kidney is not the source of high uric acid

I hope this helps, wishing you speedy recovery
Let me know, if you need further clarifications