Can I use fluorouracil for spots on my nose?

I saw a Dr 2 yrs ago for what I thought was cancer on my nose. He told me I had a cyst and to go home and quit worrying about it. I told him my dad had the same thing and in the same place. Got the same answer. 5 mo later I got a 2nd opinion and it was cancer (biopsy)- plastic surgery followed. I don't know any other Dr. andwho to see for follow up. I have fluorouracil 5% prescribed for pre-cancerous lesion . Can I use that for these three spots (2 above the bridge of nose, and one on my leg. or should I see a Dr. first. instructions were use 2xday for 2 wks/ XXXX
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Skin Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need more info Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query In order to come to a better conclusion about your problem I need to have more information. Could you please get back to me with the following 1. Could you please type out the Final impression of the biopsy report? 2. The three spots you are describing which you want to use the Fluorouracil, are they new ones? What is the colour of the spots and were they pus filled or is it more like a pigmentation mark? 3. It is best if you could take picture of the spot and attach it. Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply Regards
Follow-up: Can I use fluorouracil for spots on my nose? 15 hours later
biopsy report: excision/removal of basal cell carcinoma on right side of nose; previous biopsy completed 10/06/211. The three spots first were a bump - like a blackhead feels. The color now is red and a light, thin scab These are the 2 spots on my forehead, above the nose. The one on my leg, started as "thickened skin" which sloughed off if you scratched it. It too has a light covering of a scab. All three act the same as the basal cell on my nose. The Dr that did the biopsy ordered the Fluorouracil. I remember that was for treating a spot that I hadn't detected some time after the plastic surgery. That is why I am asking if its not the correct treatment now, for these three spots. There is no pus from these spots. Sorry I can't get a clear photo XXXX Looking online for a Dermatologist, I found so many specialties, that I wonder if I look only for cancer specialists, or (since I was mis-diagnosed by a dermatologist)-is it necesary to find a dr that can help me as I age, to treat these before they become large problems. I have never had a Dr that checked my head, back, etc for these lesions, and since I cannot see most of my head and little of my back, I need someone who checks all. Thank you, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Can use Flurouracil cream Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query The ideal doctor to treat Basal cell carcinoma would be an oncologist rather than a dermatologist because they have more experience in treating cancer and the side effects that come with it. Dermatology second opinion can always be sought but the primary treating doctor should be a medical oncologist . Yes it is necessary to see if there are other lesions in your body, a complete general physical examination and systemic examination is necessary. You can use Fluorouracil for these spots but please get it examined by your physician as this does not feel like the ones related to basal cell carcinoma especially the one on the leg. I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me. I wish you good health Regards