Can I try HCG drops without hurting myself? Weight problem, arthritis, taking Inderal and Lovastatin

I am 65 years old. Have been taking Inderal (the generic) plus calcium, furesomide, lovastatin and busperone for the last 15 years. Regular doctor/wellness checks. Last BP reading was 120/80. However, I am at arthritis is bad in damp Chicago weather......worst thing is my weight. Hovering around 215 and would like very much to try HCG drops for about a month to help me drop the pounds. I am in good general health. Do not suffer headaches or any breathing difficulties. I do smoke! Please, what do you think? I am active with friends and family....I just mean by sendentary, I don't exercise. Can I do this program for 30 days without hurting myself? Have not had any surgeries or been treated for any diseases. When I started the medicines listed above I had lost my husband, found out devastating news about our personal/financial state of life fell apart and I was on my own with two children. Over twenty years I've adjusted, am happy, single and have a good life. Correction: had a growth removed from my vocal chords about six years ago. No problems....follow up recurrences.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 25 minutes later
Hello and thanks for submitting the question.

Yes, buspirone is an anti anxiety drug used for mild to moderate anxieties.

HCG drops are being used by many people and are finding wonderful results in losing their weight.

It is a FDA compliant formulation and there is no harm in your taking it.

You must however, quit smoking as it is really bad and has to be completely avoided while one goes for HCG drops.

I admire your courage and positive attitude towards life. Keep it up.

In case you have any other query, you are welcome.

Thanks and best of luck.