Can I take fertyl-super for easy conception from fifth day of periods?
User rating for this question
Can i take fertyl-super for easily conceive from 5th day of periods to next periods ?
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: TREATMENT OUTLINED. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. FIrstly, these medications should be taken after consultation with a gynaecologist. There are various serious side effects so do not take them at random by yourself. They are generally taken from 5 days starting from the 2nd day of periods. You should have a complete evaluation , as to why exactly are you taking the ovulation inducing drugs like Clomiphene citrate ( fertyl and super fertyl ). Firstly, get your husband's semen analysis done. Then get the hormonal tests for yourself - FSH, LH, TSH, AMH, Prolactin, OGTT, Lipid Profile, DHEAS, free testosterone, fasting serum insulin. Also, baseline pelvic ultrasound and follicular monitoring without stimulation If a problem is observed during ovulation, only then you should take clomiphene citrate. Or else if unexplained infertility is present, then clomiphene can be taken. You can take upto 3 - 6 cycles of clomiphene citrate, but under medical supervision, and better to combine it with IUI ( intrauterine insemination ) for best results. If these cycles fail, then you should consider IVF ( in vitro fertilization ). Also, a laparoscopy should be done to check if fallopian tubes are open. If they are blocked, there is no point of giving unnecessary stimulation, and straightaway IVF can be done. Meanwhile, clomiphene citrate - conceived pregnancies are at higher risk of abortions, but still there should be complete investigation of the miscarriage. Firstly, the fetus should be sent for chromosomal analysis, and couple karyotype should be done. Basic blood investigations ( complete blood count, bleeding profile, blood group, viral markers ), screening for TORCH infections, Tests for Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome, should be done. If this workup is normal, take folic acid for 3 months before planning pregnancy. Maintain ideal weight and BMI. All the best. Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.
People also viewed
- Betnesol injection in 33rd week
- Fertyl super 100 mg dosage for periodic problem
- My husband takes clenbuterol will it affect his fertility?
- Gushes of clear fluid 34 weeks pregnant
- Fertyl super tablet for conception
- Taking pregnacare conception now spotting before period
- Does having fertyl super tablets affects periods
- E coli cough and cold 34 weeks
- Pregnant 34 weeksurine like orange color
- Will travel affect in conceiving
- Is dettol usage affect sperm count and motility
- 34 years old ovarian cancer
- Can atenolol affect fertility
- If fertyl super is used when does the period come
- Can ramipril affect sperm if trying to conceive