Can I have rheumatoid arthritis? What should the blood work be like?

i want to know whether i am diagnoised with rhemotoid arthirities .. can you please help .. i have my blood reports with me
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX thanks for the query.
You have not sent your reports.kindly send the reports for me to comment upon.
Your current medications taken by you,HCQS and SAZO are prescribed in rheumatoid arthritis.
Waiting for your reports
Follow-up: Can I have rheumatoid arthritis? What should the blood work be like? 25 hours later
Yesterday i had a visit to the rhemutologist , and have been given below medicines to be consumed for next 10 days and further medications will be given after the follow up visit.

HCQS - ( one in the night)
RAZO20 (one in the night)
Defzona 6( one in mng and night)
Further the docs have asked me to undergo further more blood test , Vitamin D3, Urine , some liver test .. and couple of more test.

Kindly guide

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
The most important diagnostic criteria for presence of rheumatoid arthritis is the detection of anti ccp antibodies in blood however their absence does not rule out rheumatoid arthritis completely.
Your blood report shows the abscence of ani ccp antibodies
Your doctor has therefore ordered some more tests.
There is a condition called as seronegative arthritis where the symptoms are suggestive of rheumatoid arthritis but are negative for rheumatoid arthritis tests
Rheumatologist is the best person to decide about it.
I advise you to have faith on your doctor and continue the treatment as advised.

You can revert to me for any other query.