Can I have clitoral stimulation after total abdominal hysterectomy?

Two and a half week after total abdominal hysterectomy, can I have clitoral stimulation now
Posted Thu, 1 Nov 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 1 hour later

After any type of hysterectomy it is advised to avoid any form of penetrative sexual activity for at least six weeks .This is because the hysterectomy procedure involves invasive surgery and stitching which needs time to heal.

Engaging in sex or any kind of activity that involves vaginal penetration carries the risk of tearing these stitches and developing an infection.

It is better to wait and to resume sexual activity only after a proper examination of the stitch area by your doctor which is done after 6 weeks.

The clitoris is a part of the vulva that is outside the vagina. Practically speaking it won’t affect your stitch area but it can lead to infections in the perineal area which can ascend into the vagina.

Better to leave the perineal area and vagina untouched for six weeks to ensure proper healing.

I hope I have answered your query.