Can I get botox Injection during period?

Jul 2016

I'm supposed to get botox in my bladder Thursday. My period.came tonight. Can I still have this procedure done?
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 24 minutes later

From what i understand that you have planned for Botox Injection for over active bladder. Since you have your menstruation from yesterday it is advisable to differ it for 5 more days, as all the pelvic organs are congested during menstrual period.

Sometimes there is possibility of 9rinary retention afterr taking Botox - that necessitate catheterisation for some days .

In view of all these facts I would advise you to postpone it for a week.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

With Regards.