Can I be pregnant as I had bleeding after stopping my birth control pills ?

I'm 25 years old and on July 30 stopped taking my birth control pills which was LoEstrin FE and then August 2-6 I expecienced bleeding that was like a normal period. August 7-14 I had unprotected sex three times. August 16-17 I had light spotting, not enough to wear a panty liner. I've had nausea, fatigue, headaches, and increased salivia. Am I pregnant?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 32 minutes later

Since you had your periods on 2nd august, it is right now too early to say anything about being pregnant. The symptoms you are having- nausea, headaches, etc are all non specific and do not conclusively indicate about pregnancy.

The hormonal changes- raised HCG levels that bring about these symptoms do not appear until at least 10 days after conception.

You need to wait for your period to be overdue before going for a urine pregnancy test available at all the pharmacies.

For an early diagnosis, you can get your raising serum HCG titres evaluated after 25th August under the guidance of your gynaecologist.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.